Tuesday, June 3, 2008

For the Record, I Remain Firmly Opposed to Dull and Uninteresting People

Last weekend, Mama and Papa took me to our neighborhood pool for the first time this season. It was my pleasure to squeal with delight and I ran through the fountains with reckless abandon. However, the jury is still out on any new potential neighborhood playmates. I am sad to say that I was not approached by anyone in the toddler set, nor did anyone catch my eye as to approach them for a Saturday play date. Is it me? Do I offend? Is it my misanthrope mother? Was it her harsh exchange with four year old "Gregory" who tried to diminish my delicate sensibilities on the neighborhood playground? Nonetheless, I continue to frequently reassure myself that I am the most interesting and intelligent 2 year old on the block, and perhaps the entire neighborhood, for that matter. Good day.